How can I minimise the stress of moving?
Q: As an estate agent you have seen this all before and I am sure you must have some tips! I will be moving house shortly and am dreading the upheaval...
Pic: Always make sure you have enough boxes
• Try to avoid moving on a Friday. Though it might seem logical, the smallest of delays could tip you over into the weekend and then you have to wait until Monday to sort any problems out.
• Pick your removal company carefully. Ask around; pick a company that suits your needs. Some will offer specialist packing service for precious items such as paintings and telescopes.
• Check your household insurance before buying extra insurance to cover the move.
• Weeks before the move, go through each room making a list of things to do. Do one room a day and it will soon be done without much effort.
• If you are doing your own packing make sure you have enough suitable containers. Do not over pack boxes so they are too heavy and impossible to move.
• Label boxes clearly with the contents and which room they should go in at the new property.
• Always unpack the kettle first!
Neither ludlowthompson nor their ‘experts’ take any responsibility for any action or loss incurred by readers of these pages. The reader acts on advice at their own risk. Answers to questions are not exhaustive. Financial advice must always be sought from a professional financial adviser.
Share this article:
These links allow you to add this article to the popular social bookmarking sites where you can save and categorize a personal collection of pages and share them with others