How's the London sales market doing?
Q: Will I have to drop the price of my flat to sell in 2012?
Pic: with the average sales time increased, high profile marketing is ever more important
Throughout 2012, the London market has continued to be the most desirable in the country. Not withstanding London's relative success to other counties, average time on the market has increased. London is a series of micro markets, so it is essential to combine expert knowledge of the local housing market with high profile targeted marketing. The estate agency market is very competitive, with some agents?lowering their fees and increasing their property valuations just to win property for their listings. Now that all agents can?advertise on property portals, it's important to seek an agent who has the ability to make your property stand out with a?full marketing roster that aims to maximise price achieved.
- Identify your property's unique selling points - to whom will it appeal
- Targetted database marketing - telesales, email & SMS updates to current and past potential buyers (some of whom may be buy to let investors)
- Professional photography - this makes a big difference as poor photography can show your property in a worse light.
- Detailed 3D floorplans
- Enhanced listings with online property portals
- Transport route planner and map showing amenities for lifestyle planning
- High profile newspaper advertising e.g Evening Standard - is your agent attracting buyers to their doorstep/website.
Neither ludlowthompson nor their ‘experts’ take any responsibility for any action or loss incurred by readers of these pages. The reader acts on advice at their own risk. Answers to questions are not exhaustive. Financial advice must always be sought from a professional financial adviser.
Share this article:
These links allow you to add this article to the popular social bookmarking sites where you can save and categorize a personal collection of pages and share them with others