Why use an ARLA Propertymark protected agent?
ARLA Propertymark (formerly ARLA- The Association of Residential Lettings Agents) is the UK's foremost regulatory body within the lettings industry, working to improve standards and protect consumers. Many landlords and tenants are unaware that the lettings industry is unregulated, meaning that effectively anyone can set up as a letting agency.
As an ARLA Propertymark member, an agent must fulfil a number of corporate responsibilities, which in turn guarantees landlords and tenants will always receive excellent service and professional advice. Using an ARLA Propertymark agent means:
- Your money is protected - ARLA Propertymark members take Client Money Protection (CMP) seriously. Your money will be held in a designated separate bank account and will be protected in the event of the worst happening, such as the agency going bust. Arla Propertymark members submit independently audited Client Money accounts annually
- You're working with experts in the field - Propertymark qualified (formerly NFoPP) agents who will give you professional and high quality advice
- Arla Propertymark members undertake regular training and updates on complex legislative changes
- Arla Propertymark members adhere to a nationally recognised Code of Practice, giving reassurance that your agent will be working to highest standards of best practice
- Arla Propertymark members hold membership to an independent redress scheme
- Arla Propertymark members hold Professional Indemnity Insurance
By choosing an ARLA Propertymark registered agent such as ludlowthompson you can have peace of mind that you are working with a professional and trusthworthy agent that adheres to the high standards and requirements of ARLA Propertymark membership.
19th July 2017
DISCLAIMER: Neither ludlowthompson nor their ‘experts’ take any responsibility for any action or loss incurred by readers of these pages. The reader acts on advice at their own risk. Answers to questions are not exhaustive. Financial advice must always be sought from a professional financial adviser
FREE & INSTANT PROPERTY VALUATION
IN JUST 60 SECONDS