London Cycle Superhighways: the next big thing
- 26th May 2010
- Renting Property News
Commuting to work on your bike in London is about to get easier than ever with the new safer wider cycle lanes.
The hope is that the Superhighways will improve cycling 400 per cent on year 2000 levels. As well as improving conditions for existing cyclists in London, the aim is to attract new commuters looking for a viable alternative to overcrowded and costly public transport.
New cycle Superhighways launching Summer 2010 -
- From Barking to Tower Gateway A13 Summer 2010
- From Merton to City A24 - A3 Summer 2010
The new routes are billed by London Transport as offering -
- Direct and continuous routes which are clearly marked and easy to follow.
- Signage and road markings with information about journey time.
- Improvement to road surfaces with minimal obstruction to routes.
- Easy to locate with its clear identity of blue surfaces and pink logo.
- Safer cycling with wider cycle lanes at junctions, advanced stop boxes, and signals.
Stephen Ludlow of ludlowthompson estate agency in London comments:
"Transport for London are working on a number of exciting improvements such as improving the Brixton gyratory system so it is safer for cyclists.
"The new London Cycle Superhighways is a bold and welcome move to firmly put cycling on the capital's map. So that cyclists can see where they might like to live along cycle routes, ludlowthompson estate agents will continue to integrate the latest route information within our property listings."
Cyclists can see where they might like to live along cycle routes and work out journey times.
FREE & INSTANT PROPERTY VALUATION
IN JUST 60 SECONDS