ludlowthompson apprenticeship scheme provides progressive path for a rewarding career
- 16th August 2017
- Our News
Haider Ali is the first apprentice to be promoted as a manager – leading ludlowthompson's Kilburn Lettings team
ludlowthompson works hard to offer young candidates a rewarding and engaging apprenticeship, with a meaningful future career path in the company. Launched in 2011, the scheme now has 15 apprentices working across London, with some candidates being taken on as young as 16.
The ludlowthompson editorial team recently took the time to catch up with Haider Ali, promoted in July to Lettings Manager of Kilburn – and the first apprentice to be promoted to manager.
Having started with ludlowthompson four years ago as an apprentice, he has worked in lettings in Lewisham, Acton, and Finsbury Park; worked in sales in Oval; and worked in Telesales generating valuations.
"Haider, tell us a little about yourself:
- I’m a young, funny, open-minded person who is dedicated, likes new challenges, enjoys independence, and focuses on achieving the ‘end result’. From going to the gym to my career, I take a ‘hands-on’ approach to whatever I put my hand to – no pun intended.
Why did you take the apprenticeship route?
- After finishing my A-levels in college, I decided to look into apprenticeship schemes rather than go to university in order to fast-track my career and earn a regular income.
What did you like about the ludlowthompson apprenticeship?
- It gave me the chance to learn without the pressures that normal employees would have, while earning a salary.
What were the biggest challenges of the apprenticeship?
- Adapting to a working environment and dealing with a variety of people
What is your proudest achievement?
- Going through the stages of promotions, from Apprentice, Trainee negotiator, Senior Negotiator to my current position of Lettings Manager
What advice would you give people leaving school now?
- Keep your options open and research the benefits of an apprenticeship – think about the long-term benefits it will provide you
What is your favourite part of the job at ludlowthompson?
- Being able to see new people and places – not being office bound. Also, having a variety of roles with flexibility to move to new offices and departments.
What are your aspirations for the future?
- I aspire to be successful in the property market and, hopefully, to become a home-owner and Landlord myself.
Our congratulations to Haider and our very best wishes to the latest Apprentice intake as they seek to follow in his footsteps."
It gave me the chance to learn without the pressures that normal employees would have, while earning a salary
FREE & INSTANT PROPERTY VALUATION
IN JUST 60 SECONDS