Summer is the time to give your home a winter health check
- 30th July 2008
- Property Tips
When the sun is shining it is difficult to think about the winter months, but now is the time to winter proof your home.
- Check all pipework for leaks and that the lagging is in good order
- Clean out the gutters, though some people might think this is an autumn job, the summer is a good time to check for cracks and any signs of damp
- Check the roof and chimney if you have one, it will be too late if once the winter gales hit
- Check all outside lights are in working order, it is difficult to do repairs once the darker nights set in
- Have your boiler serviced, your chimney swept, oil delivered - this are things usually left until the last minute and then it is impossible to get hold of a tradesman
- Fit thermostats to all radiators, not only is it eco friendly, but it will save you money
- Check the insulation in the loft, in some circumstances it is possible to get a grant towards the cost
It is far easier to do these checks in the summer months and come winter settle down in a warm, draught proofed, insulated, efficient home.
FREE & INSTANT PROPERTY VALUATION
IN JUST 60 SECONDS