Supporting our local communities throughout 2020 and Covid-19
- 21st December 2020
- Our News
Local schools and charities continue to benefit from ludlowthompson fundraising
As this unprecedented year draws to a close we look back with considerable pride on our achievements in 2020 and how in particular we were still able to support local communities in London through sponsorship and participation in charity events.
So far this year, the team has raised £10,000 for local causes and we are immensely proud that so many of our people embrace the company’s culture of ‘giving back’ and many do so for their own causes too. It’s the altruistic way to have fun, and we are all enriched by taking part in activities and fund raising events across the year.
Events have ranged from charity walks to sponsoring festivals that showcase the wealth of talent London has to offer. Highlights include:
- Supporting the Gatsby Gala event at the Furzedown Primary School in February.
- Sponsorship of the Sellincourt Primary School quiz night on the 6th March.
- Supporting the Imperial College COVID-19 Response Fund which was established to carry out research into a vaccine as well as diagnostic treatments for coronavirus
- Taking part in a 24 mile walk on 8th October to raise money for Centrepoint’s STAY:UP charity event to help end youth homelessness across London. The event raised over £28,000 which will be used to create a brighter future for homeless young people
- Sponsoring the annual St Michael’s Art Festival that took place online between 17th-25th October. The festival, which celebrates artistic talent in Stockwell, featured performances from the Brixton Chamber Orchestra and conversations with local authors, Natasha Randall and Isobel Rogers
- The sponsorship of 300 Calendars for St Boniface Primary School celebrating 2021 the International Year of Fruit and Vegetables with artwork and poetry created by the children
- Sponsoring the Christmas Cracker Trail for Sellincourt Primary School children and the surrounding community during the 12th to 13th December
- Supporting the “Elves on the loose” Christmas trail for Furzedown Primary School that ran from 5th to 19th December
For over a decade, ludlowthompson has been supporting events across London that help to promote local talent and tackle some of the biggest social issues facing the community.
Stephen Ludlow, Chairman at ludlowthompson says: “COVID-19 has made it difficult for charity events to take place but ludlowthompson is delighted to be able to continue to support these important causes despite the disruption.”
“The vital work done by these charities and local schools is helping to transform lives, with so many people impacted by the pandemic this is now more important than ever.”
“As we go into 2021, we will continue to champion and support local charities and events to ensure London continues to be a world-class city that we can all enjoy.”
Take a look at all of the local charity events the ludlowthompson team has participated in and supported in 2020 on the news section of our website here: https://www.ludlowthompson.com/property_news/archive-our-news
Ludlowthompson’s agents are continuing to offer prospective renters and buyers guided video tours of properties. In person viewing appointments complying with social distancing policies are available following virtual viewings.
This week’s video tour is 1 bedroom property in Eleanor Close SE16.
We received 1,179 5-star Google reviews in 2019
6,217 positive AllAgent reviews – Top 5 Agent in the UK (2020)
ludlowthompson staff are measured by how our customers rate them via 1000s of questionnaires
Every single questionnaire read by Stephen Ludlow and David Thompson
Aaron F via Google reviews
“Very helpful at every stage of the process. Hannah arranged our viewing and was very accommodating with all our requirements, continuing to go above and beyond as finalised the let and moved into the property. Couldn't recommend them enough, especially in the current coronavirus times!”
Bruce R via Google reviews
“Terence and Roy were truly marvellous. They have sold two houses for me this year. Both transactions were complicated involving complex communications with tenants and of course covid restrictions. They stuck to their task admirably liaising with the buyer, myself and my solicitor at all times. They even helped arrange the clearance of both houses. Top marks and a credit to their profession. I never thought I would say that an estate agent deserved his commission but these two gentlemen earnt their money and were simply excellent.”
The vital work done by these charities and local schools is helping to transform lives, with so many people impacted by the pandemic this is now more important than ever
FREE & INSTANT PROPERTY VALUATION
IN JUST 60 SECONDS