Quarterly buy-to-let review goes live
- 14th November 2012
- Landlord Property News
Finds yields of 7% and average monthly rents of £1,784 for high yielding London buy-to-let.
The latest market leading research from ludlowthompson on London buy-to-let is now available to landlords and investors.
The Q3 ludlowthompon buy-to-let review found that:
- Average rents for high yielding parts of London stood at £1,784.
- Yields averaged 7.0% in these areas.
- Arrears stood at 3.5% in August, down from 4.5% in June.
- Voids averaged five days in August, up slightly from two in June and July.
- Total return stood at 12%, as London house price growth pushed up the assets’ underlying value.
Stephen Ludlow, Chairman of ludlowthompson, says: "Our new review has all the data that investors need to make an informed decision about making a buy-to-let investment in London.
"It also shows just how good London buy-to-let is compared to many other assets classes."
The review shows that over a ten year period, inflation adjusted returns from residential property were 6.1%, compared to 3.7% for gilts, 3.5% for commercial property and 1.5% for equities.
Our new review has all the data that investors need to make an informed decision about making a buy-to-let investment in London.
FREE & INSTANT PROPERTY VALUATION
IN JUST 60 SECONDS